Connection J2P

Sunday, October 29, 2006

English

As I think my English is getting worst and worst, I decided to post from time to time in this language.

As strange as this may sound (as I live abroad and still don’t know much about the local language), I have the feeling that everyday my English vocabulary is disappearing. This must be happening because I’m learning Polish (can be confusing…) and my team (at work) are 100% Portuguese (we’re 3…) so during the day we keep on speaking Portuguese and only practice English with our foreign colleagues, therefore this can be an explanation. Another can be, as one of my fellow Portuguese once suggested, the lack of quality in the English of the people we speak to. According to his thoughts, he says that we can only learn English with people that speak as good as or better than we…

I don’t know, maybe this is just a feeling and it is not really what is happening, and in the end, I keep on improving my foreign languages innate ability (at least I think I have one…)

1 Comments:

  • English Lesson 1:

    "Worse" is a comparative, as in "Mtv's 'The Real World' is worse than it used to be.

    "Worst" is a superlative, as in "but, 'The Real World-Las Vegas was the worst."
    -------------------------------------

    English Lesson 2:

    to leave - to go out of or away from, as a place: to leave the house.

    to live - to pass life in a specified manner: They lived happily ever after.

    -------------------------------------

    John Walnut-Tree Kings, has anyone ever told you that you are a mouse? Go back to portuguese!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home